- This event has passed.
- Date: September 6, 2020
- Time: 5:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Location: Church Green
Worship is at the heart of who we are, how we encounter God, how we are shaped as family, and what we find ourselves called to do. We have added a third weekly worship service – EVENING WORSHIP – joining Sunday Morning Worship and Wednesday Morning Prayer. Given new guidelines from the state, we are asking people to register for the worship service – please click here to go to the form or call the church office.
This worship service is planned to be its own unique event. It will not try to replicate or translate anything else, but instead will be authentic to its time (both in the evening and in the midst of our pandemic), its setting (outside on the front lawn), and its purpose (to worship God emphasizing connection, peace, hope, and beauty). We are in the process of laying out liturgies, rituals, music, and ways to share. This week we will plan a shorter worship to allow some time for us to engage those who come in dialogue to help shape future services. My hope is that the service is deeply faithful, thoroughly authentic, casually beautiful, evocative, and intimate.
A few things:
- People are asked to bring your own chair/blanket (if you need the church to provide one, just mark it on your registration form).
- We will spread out at least 8-10 feet apart and farther for those who desire.
- People are invited to bring food or drink to enjoy after worship as we linger on the lawn (maintaining distance).
- Given that we anticipate this to be a smaller and more intimate service, we will remove masks for most of worship, putting them on when engaging in singing or responsive readings.
- Cancellations due to weather will be posted on the church website and put on the outgoing voice mail at the church phone (413-298-3137) by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Please, contact me with any questions or concerns. This is a work in progress and I appreciate your caring perspectives.