Welcome to the Book Sharing initiative! We are asking you to pass along to the church family the books that have brought meaning, beauty, peace, and/or joy to you in these times along with a brief description of why you liked it.
During office hours the J.E. Room will be open for you to browse, pick-out a book, and take it home. The list of books and corresponding recommendations will be on the website, so that if you can’t make it to the church, you can still take advantage or ask us to set one aside for you.
Here is what we need from you:
- Identify a book or books that you enjoyed or through which you found meaning.
- Write up one paragraph that would help others to understand why you are recommending it and to help them decide whether they might want to read it too.
- If you are willing to share the physical copy of the book with others, bring it to the church with the note. Otherwise, send an email to Will (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the information.
Here is what we will do:
- The books will be arranged on the shelves over the Max Stackhouse Library for you to peruse and to check out. We can arrange for copies of the book if needed.
- We will keep the list updated on the website and offer curb-side pick-up or delivery, if needed.
- We will add the names of those who have read the book so that people will know who they can talk with about what they read.
Here is what we hope:
- That through this program people will share the joy of what they have read.
- That through conversation people will have a chance to talk with friends old and new.
- That through it all we will draw closer to one another, God, and the world.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how to make this better – just give a call! Happy reading.